[OSM-talk] Ground truth for non-physical objects

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Tue Dec 11 15:49:35 UTC 2018

On 12/11/2018 9:41 AM, Rory McCann wrote:
> On 11/12/2018 12:38, Tomas Straupis wrote:
>>    If someone puts a label "Military academy" on their house, would we
>> map it as an actual military academy?
>
> No, but you would put "addr:housename=Military academy".

Sidebar, according to my reading of the address tagging standards, one
should only tag addr:housename=* when it's an official (or at least de
facto) part of the postal address. It's not for people who just decide
their house has a name and write that name on a sign -- though you can
use name=* for that. J