[OSM-talk] Stolpersteine - single monument or a monument type? (was Re: Bank of India (and other) Wikidata tags)

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Thu Apr 18 13:02:00 UTC 2019

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 at 07:48, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com> wrote:

>>> "wikipedia='de:Stolpersteine'",

> I considered Stolpersteine as a monument type, not a single distributed monument.

> I would certainly consult German community before starting some sort of an automatic
> removal process

Stolpersteine - like the Nazi atrocities whose victims they
commemorate - are not only in Germany; nor indeed not only in
German-speaking countries.

> (with sole exception of possible reverting of undiscussed mechanical edits).

We should draw a distinction between automated edits such as bulk
imports, and simple fixes, or 1:1 swaps like Wikipedia-> Wikidata

> en:Lunar Society Moonstones

The Lunar Society Moonstones are a single artwork comprising eight
objects around the perimeter of a single site (and very local to where
I live; I watched them being carved, talked with the artists, and
wrote and illustrated the Wikipedia article). And I first mapped them.
They should be in relation, which I shall do now.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing