[OSM-talk] We're erasing our history in wiki

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Tue Apr 23 11:49:49 UTC 2019

Apr 23, 2019, 10:47 AM by ilya at zverev.info:

> Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
>
>> Please note that by using "vandalism" you claim that this action was malicious.
>> Unless you have really, really good reason to claim that whoever did it was deliberately
>> doing this to damage OSM the please avoid such claims.
>>
> Well, if you don’t intend your action as malicious, that doesn’t always mean it isn’t.

"malicious" is about what is intended, not about results.
It is not covering unintentional negative effects.

See https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/malicious <https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/malicious>
"having or showing a desire to cause harm to someone :
given to, marked by, or arising from malice"

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/malicious <https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/malicious>
"Of, pertaining to, or as a result of malice or spite"
:spiteful and deliberately harmful"

https://www.google.com/search?q=malicious <https://www.google.com/search?q=malicious>
"characterized by malice; intending or intended to do harm."