[OSM-talk] Sharing, Facebook, mapwithai_feedback

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Fri Aug 2 21:47:43 UTC 2019

Re-threading from the rather messy previous one.

Mike:  Thank you for telling us of the #mapwithai_feedback Slack channel, truly.  It is true that some of us choose not to use Slack.

I ask Facebook to meet the OSM community about these issues "on our turf" by participating here.  That would speak volumes, Facebook.  This is a quite an "open" channel, talk.  Archives remain open for years (forever?) and we speak candidly, earnestly and honestly here.  If you weren't watching this thread / dialog before, you are now, Facebook.  Please consider yourself invited here.  Matters do seem pressing with an urgency, although I understand that crafting a thoughtful reply can take some time.

That seems fair, yes, Valor?  A neutral, even polite invitation to here?  We'll see.

There are hundreds, maybe thousands who participate here.  "Facebook" (whomever that might be in the guise of an OSM volunteer who subscribes here) could politely answer this phone call, even quite well.

SteveA