[OSM-talk] [Osmf-talk] Attribution guideline status update

Nuno Caldeira nunocapelocaldeira at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 13:38:32 UTC 2019

@Rihards Thanks. I will try to do that documentation over the holidays.

@Phil Wyatt don't get me wrong, but adding something there is useless. i
added Facebook there over one year ago. They don't have shame, no point
to add companies there, when there's sites and companies that been there
for years without real consequence. It's just a wiki page that most
won't ever acknowledge.

As an xmas bonus, here's another Facebook company (via Mapbox), Snapchat
that is using OSM without attribution requirements (funnily there's
plenty of space for a reasonable and visible calculated mapbox logo and
text). They probably don't know, nor that they have been asked to comply
over a year ago, nor have agreed with the license in every aspect of it
when stated using OSM data, nor read Mapbox TOS, or Mapbox been informed
on these repeated offenders, nor read the multiples reports in mailing
lists, nor that they had a employee that ran for OSMF board.

https://map.snapchat.com/

Let's continue to be hypocrites and pretend nothing is going on for over
a year with these two companies that are corporate members of OSMF and
should be the first ones to give examples. Enough with excuses.

Happy holidays.