[OSM-talk] Proposed mechanical edit - addition of office=diplomatic to amenity=embassy with country=*

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Tue Jun 18 09:51:15 UTC 2019

Sounds logical given the new tagging. I find no faults with the
office=diplomatic page, kudos to Lyx for putting it together, very
thorough. Embassies are (or should be) a 100% subset of
office=diplomatic. I think you are wise in not suggesting mass addition
of  diplomatic=embassy, I also have come across instances in the past
where they are actually consulates. The only thing I can think of is
whether there are still any cases where the location is actually an
ambassadorial residence, (I am uncomfortable with having them there, my
wife is an ambassador) ... but I think the most sensible thing is to
deal with them on a case-by-case after putting in place this more
rigourous tagging schema.

Mike