[OSM-talk] We need to have a conversation about attribution

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sat Mar 2 19:02:54 UTC 2019

Am 02.03.2019 um 14:05 schrieb Mateusz Konieczny:
> Mar 2, 2019, 12:19 PM by f at zz.de:
>
>     Yes - we talk nicely - but in
>     the end nobody is willing to drag them to court. And THAT was the
>     first
>     question i had when we talked about relicensing.
>
> There is a big gap between polite (and easily ignorable) messages and
> court.
>
> Have OSMF ever send a DMCA to somebody?

There was an incident quite a long time back were that was contemplated,
which in the end was solved in a different fashion. I don't think we
would hesitate if in the balance it would seem the right thing to do
(we've had to take action with quite a few apps wrt trademarks over the
years so I don't think anybody should doubt our resolve if we really
think it is necessary).

Simon