[OSM-talk] Your experience in reaching out to Maps.me users ?

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 11:08:19 UTC 2020

On 04/12/2020 17:53, Mateusz Konieczny via talk wrote:

> Dec 4, 2020, 17:37 by michael.montani95 at gmail.com:
>
>     nothing is letting them know that they are actually vandalising
>     the map.
>
> If they continue to edit and ignore comments then contacting Data
> Working Group
> would be the next step (they can use 0-time block that makes sure that
> someone
> will read message before further editing).

Yes - exactly that.

I've sent a "message that the user has to read before continuing to
edit" in English and French to the MAPS.ME user mentioned upthread.  The
changeset discussion comments that people had left were friendly, which
is great - the only thing I'd have done different would have been to
have included a French translation, given that the edits are in the DRC.

Any other users, please tell the DWG about them.

Best Regards,

Andy Townsend (from the DWG)