[OSM-talk] Your experience in reaching out to Maps.me users ?

Mario Frasca mario at anche.no
Mon Dec 7 01:58:24 UTC 2020

My experience is limited to one person in Panamá, who's used two user
names: Kielito and Kielito1.

He adds shops, one per changeset, he shortens names, and seldom uses
capital letters.

https://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-discussion-comments?uid=8527833

https://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-discussion-comments?uid=8943003

As you can see, he only replied to
https://openstreetmap.org/changeset/61198755, where I asked him where
some object really belonged, given I would not expect a shop to be in
the middle of a road.  "put it to the right, thank you" was the answer.
something I did not do.  I have no idea why he thinks he can't edit once
he's contributed data.

At a certain point I started systematically commenting to his changesets
"who do you think is going to clean up your incomplete information?",
before I alerted the DWG about it.  The reply I received from the DWG
was that I should not scare away providers of valuable information.  I
can't find the reply, to correctly quote text and attribute authorship
of the reply.

regards, MF