[OSM-talk] Persian/Arabian Gulf Tagging

Abdullah Abdulrhman abdullahOSM at outlook.com
Wed Jul 7 13:42:50 UTC 2021

Why do you want to impose the Persian name on the name tag and ignore the Arabic name even though most of the countries around the Gulf use the Arabic name, and the Arab countries have longer coasts than the Iranian coasts and their territorial waters within the Gulf are more spacious than them, and the peoples around the Gulf region are mostly Arab and this applies Even over Iran, and Iran's control of the "Ahvaz" does not change the fact that the residents of Al-Ahwaz are Arabs in very large proportions, which makes the Arabs a majority around the Gulf from all sides.
Before that, we were looking for a joint solution, and this proposal would only lead to more problems between the two parties and would lead to a continuous modification of the title and endless wars of edits.