[OSM-talk] Persian/Arabian Gulf Tagging

Ebrahim Nejati enejati at mail.um.ac.ir
Thu Jul 8 18:54:14 UTC 2021

Abdullah Abdulrhman <abdullahOSM at outlook.com> writes:

> You explain to me why when the Arabs changed name:ar to the Arabic
> name, those changes were reversed and the Persian name was imposed
> even on the name:ar tag?

I was really hoping to continue constructive talks instead of
whataboutism in this thread. I'm sorry and I will not further
participate.

> We have the right to use the name we want and we see it as correct as
> you have the right to do so, and we are the majority in the Gulf and
> we only changed the name and did not sabotage the map of Iran as you
> did with the map of Saudi Arabia.

I'm not really sure about what do you mean by "we" and "you". However,
you are continuing to accuse our community of sabotage. Please stop
labeling. Iranian OSM community had spent countless hours of time to
find the source of sabotage and the culprit has been fired in his job
though it was not our job and/or responsibility to do so.