[OSM-talk] Persian/Arabian Gulf Tagging

Li Yaqo iata.idp.iq at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 17:48:53 UTC 2021

Dear Mr. Hubaishan, and Mr. Abdulrhman,

Firstly, I would like to thank you all for your understanding and your
acceptance of the solution I suggested ending this matter.

>The vandalism is only from some Iranian users targeting the Arab countries
> and especially Saudi Arabia. There isn't any vandalism from the Arab
> countries.
I would like to apologize for the misunderstanding, I'm sorry for not
writing it clearly, by saying "vandalism edits from the nationalist vandals
in the Arab countries" I meant the vandalism edits that are happening
inside the Arab countries by the nationalist vandals which in this case are
the Iranians.

>I accept this second solution with a small addition:
>loc_name:en=Arabian Gulf
I agree on this, I do not see any harm by adding this as long as the
'name:en' stays as "Persian Gulf".

I just found out about the vandalism of The Kaaba by the Iranians and
naming it as Persian. This is super not acceptable and super disrespectful,
in my opinion, it's on the same scale as the previous vandal edits that
deleted entire cities in Saudi Arabia. Luckily it was reverted fast. I
believe now we can rest assured that these types of vandalism are going to
stop since we closed this case by choosing the 2nd solution I suggested in
my previous email<
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2021-July/086762.html> .

Sincerely,
Li Yaqo

‪On Sat, Jul 10, 2021 at 11:19 AM ‫Saeed Hubaishan سعيد حبيشان‬‎ <