[OSM-talk] Streetcomplete and Geographically Large Changesets

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sat Jul 24 07:28:39 UTC 2021

24 lip 2021, 00:00 od miketho16 at gmail.com:

>  Or perhaps they just did a good job of guessing correctly.
>

>From my own experience: please never do this.

If you really, really know some place -
say, marking type of roof on your own house
despite that you do not see it right now.

But guessing: please never do this.

I was tempted to guess at times, but later survey
revealed that my guess would be wrong!

I found surface=unhewn_cobblestone/sett/ground
in places where I was not expecting it, I found
surface=asphalt on random section of highway=track
in a forest...

To take just surface quest as an example.