[OSM-talk] Racist, insulting and abusive comments on OSM related channels

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Mar 15 23:20:53 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 3/15/21 23:11, Marc_marc wrote:
>> "OSM Community Index", I do think we should list all channels there,
>> including and undiscriminating non open sources as there are many.

> but this has the effect of drowning the user.

I agree. We should make an effort to promote the channels where someone
is most likely to reach a significant part of the community.

If people want to search from the other end - not "which channel(s) does
the community in this region mainly use" but "is there an OpenStreetMap
group on my preferred messenger", then they can perform that search in
their preferred messenger. We should not give them the impression that
just because two guys started a LinkedIn Group for OSM in San Marino
that was now a good way to get in touch with the local community ;)

Bye
Frederik