[Tile-serving] [osm2pgsql] Providing Windows binaries/packages (#17)

emirhartato notifications at github.com
Thu Apr 11 16:14:24 UTC 2013

Hello...

Well, there will be a workshop in 6th May. My team will teach osm2pgsql and
we will go through OSM Tool GUI in QGIS rather than running it through
command prompt since our target participants are not an IT expert or geek.

Our team also already have Advanced OpenStreetMap documentation written by
Jeff Haack and it's available in English and Bahasa Indonesia and there's a
chapter that provide step-by-step tutorial about setting up PostGIS and
osm2pgsql. We will published it soon on learosm.org site but we can't
published it until this issue is solved.

But if that's the only way to work, it's still possible to change the
tutorial on documentation but it would be nuce if we have a working
osm2pgsql with OSM Tool GUI in QGIS for Windows.
On Apr 11, 2013 10:55 PM, "Jason Huntley" <notifications at github.com> wrote:

> Not sure if it helps, but here are my notes on the postgres configuration:
> Tune Parameters for postgresql.conf
>
> - autovacuum = off
> - checkpoint_segments = 20
> - shared_buffers = 512MB # min 128kB
> - work_mem = 256MB # min 64kB
> - maintenance_work_mem = 512MB # min 1MB
> - synchronous_commit = off
>

> Import example:
>
> osm2pgsql.exe -v -c -d osm -U osm -W -H localhost -P 5432 -S default.style
> -s -C 1600 --hstore --number-processes=4 -r pbf
> ..\..\data\us-midwest-northeast-pacific-south-west.osm.pbf
>
> I also have a recent build of osm2psql which works. I have some mapnik
> debugging to get through on mingw64, but I'll make it all available to our
> build server here:
>
> https://vanguard.houghtonassociates.com
>
> The next build will have a package you can download under the Artifacts
> tab:
>
> https://vanguard.houghtonassociates.com/browse/OSM-OSM2PSQL-27/artifact
>
> Is there a specific time-frame you need this?
>

> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 2:18 AM, emirhartato <notifications at github.com>wrote:
>

> > @apmon <https://github.com/apmon> can you explain how to set database
> > parameters? Hopefully if that can help solve the problem. There were 6
> > laptops tested and all of them have same error log. I also did a fresh
> > install of PostgreSQL and PostGIS and create a new database, but still
> have
> > the same error log.
> >
> > —
> https://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql/issues/17#issuecomment-16218534>