[Tile-serving] osm-carto benchmarking attempts

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sun May 12 18:42:54 UTC 2013

Adding sudo apt-get install g++ build-essential got this working, otherwise it was failing on millstone when it tried to find a compiler or make. There might be a difference here between the ubuntu.org images and the EC2 images.

I know that carto makes it way easier to edit the styles, but it's a step backwards for setting up the database parameters and compiling the stylesheet.

I know I have a habit of getting the hard steps done easily and getting stuck on the easy steps, but I think the compiling step is going to be a hurdle to people not developing with TileMill.