[Tile-serving] [mod_tile] - changes to the Debian package for compatibility with Apache 2.4 (#80)

Robert Buchholz notifications at github.com
Wed Jul 9 18:43:43 UTC 2014

I see, and the changes I proposed have already been made to the "trusty" packaging scripts in that repository. In that case feel free to reject my pull request.

On the subject of your other question on how to better maintain the packaging scripts: I suggest to either
1)  always have the packaging scripts for the most recent Ubuntu or Debian version in the upstream repository. To me, that would make sense, as users that build packages themselves (and thus will benefit from out-of-the-box working package building mechanisms) are likely to use the most recent version of their distribution as well (those who stay with older Ubuntu or Debian versions for the sake of stability are likely to also stay with the precompiled mod_tile from a PPA for the same reason).
2) remove the "debian" directory (or at least its contents) from the upstream repository, and replace it with a note referring the reader to your separate repository to obtain the build scripts for their respective distribution.

---
https://github.com/openstreetmap/mod_tile/pull/80#issuecomment-48516836