[OSM-dev] Javascript library for the editing-API (not overpass)

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Mon Apr 24 08:29:49 UTC 2017

Martin has already pointed to the iD repo. But some further comments
from my side: simply creating objects and writing them to the OSM DB is
fairly easy, however there is an unspoken assumption in your concept:
that there is no other data there. In reality that will not be
universally true and will add complications that you likely don't want
to deal with (or if you ignore them you will not want to deal with being
publicly roasted because your app starts breaking things).

I would really suggest building on existing code except if you want to
write the equivalent of a full blown editor all on your own (which is a
couple of man years of work).

Simon