[HOT] Skybox for Good imagery

Mikel Maron mikel.maron at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 21:56:23 UTC 2014

Hey
A few notes from talking this through with Josh
* Requests for SkyBox imagery would go through the usual HOT imagery coordination process http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/HOT_activation#Imagery_Coordination* Use of SkyBox imagery for HOT activations would be coordinated through tasking manager projects.* The listing of all SkyBox for good requests is at https://mapsengine.google.com/00979750194450688595-08887688179650036554-4/mapview/?authuser=0. We'd go through the coordination processes above, if a HOT activation wanted to use existing imagery.* At the moment, there is no tile service. HOT would need to set up tiles from a downloaded GeoTIFF.
Hope that clears things up.
Btw, would be good to simply set up a test with one of the SkyBox for good GeoTIFFs, to see how it compares with Bing georeferencing and resolution.
BestMikel
* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron