[HOT] Splitting an existing OSM file for a task

Pierre GIRAUD pierre.giraud at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 18:10:10 UTC 2014

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're are trying to achieve.

However, recently we created projects to manage the import of GNS data.
We needed to split the data into chunks. One for each grid cell (task).
I did create a list of shapefiles for that purpose using a script
written very quickly in python.

https://github.com/pgiraud/osmtm_gns_extract/blob/master/extract.py

I hope this helps.