[HOT] Level of user experience to focus on

Heather Leson heatherleson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 09:46:00 UTC 2015

Thank you for this conversation.

I call this the digital on ramp. We collectively need to decide what kind
of community we want. There are growing joys. I firmly think that if we
(OSM) are going to get to the next million people mapping in this locations
around the world that we need to change.

Suzan's comment about kindness and Milo's comment about motivation are
core. While we set up the tools and processes to grow and do the right
thing, it is my hope that we keep the 'human' in our work.

For the past months I've been thinking about how people interact. At SOTM
US I'll be talking about this. To sum- I work in Qatar. And I know that if
my colleagues and the nascent local community of civic tech folks joined.
They would likely not stay due to professionalism, language, engagement
styles and manners. Relationship based cultures may participate
differently. How can we change to be a welcome community with a better
learning journey for all?

Believe me, I think about implementation and 'how do we get there'. I'll
share the session notes and ask for all your help to keep up this momentum.

Thanks for this important dialogue.
Heather