[Imports] Central African Republic import of WRI data

Severin MENARD severin.menard at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 20:50:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

Sorry to jump so late into this discussion.
Actually I am waiting for an answer from the imports list since Mid May. I
put it below.
So we would like to know if in the case of using a ODbL compatible dataset
as a guide for tracing over Bing Imagery (because of the lack of
geometrical accuracy) + get some attributes (road names or ID, etc.) is
considered as coming under the usual import pattern (including a specific
import user account) or not.

Sincerely,

Severin

> Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 10:54:08 -0300
> From: S?verin MENARD <severin.menard at hotosm.org>
> To: Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com>
> Cc: imports at openstreetmap.org
> Subject: Re: [Imports] Import of UNICEF health facilities data for
>         Central African Republic
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> Thank you very much for your answer. My comments inline
>

> > The WRI data is more complicated, and you might want to consider doing
> the
> > UNICEF import before it.
> >
> Definitely. The data is generally too inaccurate to be imported (eg
> 300-1000m for the roads from the reality provided by the high res Bing
> imagery), but can be used as a guide for tracing

Actually we would like to be sure if only used as a guide with sometimes
some attributes (eg name) copy and paste on the freshly-new-traced vector
data from Bing imager, it is not considered as an import.