[Imports] Special training needed for imports? Re: Import Plan for Buildings & Address in Washington, DC, USA

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Mon Jul 21 16:03:02 UTC 2014

On 2014-07-21 2:24 AM, Alex Barth wrote:
> What is the point of requesting information on training? Like is there
> a guideline what training is sufficient / insufficient in the eyes of
> the DWG / your personal taste / OSMF?

I did not raise the issue of training[1], Jason Remillard did. As a part
of the import plan which may reasonably be expected to impact the resulting
data quality, it is certainly on topic for the community consultation.
Some other imports address this encouraging only experienced mappers[2][3]
to import or having experience[4][5] raised in the community consultation.
No one has claimed that the level of training in this proposed import is
inadequate, only that it it was undocumented before now.

Neither the DWG or OSMF have been involved in this consultation, nor would
the DWG generally get involved.

[1]: https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/imports/2014-July/003319.html
[2]: https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/imports/2014-June/003252.html
[3]: https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/imports/2014-July/003317.html