[Imports] Import of municipal trees of Nice, France

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Mon Aug 3 21:00:15 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 10:17 AM, Vincent Frison <vincent.frison at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I just want to inform you that I'm going to import all municipal trees of
> Nice (thanks to the municipality of Nice which provides opendata).
>
> More details are available here:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nice,_France/Trees_Import
>
> Regards, Vincent.

I see from reading the import wiki page you are checking if the tree's node
is inside of a building - that's good. What about accuracy of the nodes?
How accurate is the node placement vs. actual tree location?

What I'm asking is what quality checks have you done on the data?

As Frederik has pointed out, internal reference numbers have typically not
been well received. If there is a viable plan to use the reference number
then adding them may make sense. You may want to include in your plans on
the wiki.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle