[Imports] Nepal VDC's boundaries import

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sat May 16 23:06:20 UTC 2015

On 5/15/2015 4:08 PM, Rafael Avila Coya wrote:

> The license is CC-by 3.0 (I forgot to put the 3.0). It's not only me
> that I think that we comply with the attribution, as we mention the
> source of the data as Fortius One Inc. in each single segment, each
> boundary relation and each changeset (now Fortius One Inc. is GeoIQ,
> part of ESRI), with the source=* tag.
>
> Back in 2013 you already mention that what the folks from Nepal were
> proposing as attribution was good enough, pointing that some people
> disagree on that:
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/imports/2013-August/002054.html
> . Is this the Legal Working Group opinion too? Apart from all of that,
> I don't give even one on one million that GeoIQ will complain about
> this in any way whatsoever.
https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/1X7vAOXg7O7SGiGgUV8_2C_1LtmNt7mgCmoh5YYm9IvY/pub
item 8 has the LWG minutes on the matter, and
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-au/2015-April/010552.html
is a higher level summary.

> I documented the pcodes already. The pcodes are United Nation codes,
> very important to facilitate identification of places (as you know, in
> many countries names have many spelling alternatives, and no one is
> the most "official", so having a unique code for each place is vital).
> The pcodes solve this problem. We add also the old OCHA codes, as they
> are still used by some organizations.
As you can see with the tags you're proposing adding, they are red
links, indicating the page doesn't exist. The wiki pages
Key:ocha:old_code and Key:ocha:pcode should be created and have
appropriate documentation.

I am puzzled by the ocha prefix for pcode, as it sounds like they are
not OCHA specific?