[Imports] Import plan of MAFF farmland data in Japan

Satoshi IIDA nyampire at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 11:54:32 UTC 2019

Hello,

Although the community discussion is still ongoing on Japanese community,
but I would like to hear your feedback on Licensing matters.

Several months ago, Japanese Agricultural Ministry (MAFF) has published
their farmland data as Open Data.
In this July, they have published it through online.

http://www.maff.go.jp/j/tokei/porigon/index.html
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JA:Import/Catalogue/JP_MAFF_farmland_import
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/nyampire/diary/48164

I have contacted to MAFF officers and got permission to import their data
into OpenStreetMap.
I would like to hear your feedback if the permission is enough to import as
license perspective.

Their license is similar to CC-BY, and requests several things.
http://www.maff.go.jp/j/tokei/porigon/attach/pdf/index-23.pdf

1. Attribution ((Clause 1) in their ToU)
2. Inform to users ((Clause 3)ウ in their ToU)

MAFF agrees both 1 and 2 could be met by adding information/link on OSM
wiki.
So I think it could be OK.

Am I correct?
Or I should translate all lines of their ToU into English?

P.S.
Clause 3)ウ says quite harsh at first look, but MAFF officers agreed OSM can
match their requirement by adding on OSM wiki.

Simple translation is following.
> アの筆ポリゴンの性質については、代表者以外の利用者のみならず、成果物・サービスの最終利用者まで、それぞれの利用前提に示す等により必ず継承・伝達してください。
Item ウ; the nature/property of the data (Fude Polygon) should be informed
to All of the users, including the users of your service and/or Products,
for example by showing the nature as premise or such.

--
Satoshi IIDA
mail: nyampire at gmail.com
twitter: @nyampire