[Osmf-talk] Losing faith

Scott Neville scott07 at worldsofwar.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 23:47:43 UTC 2013

I quite agree with this, I am equally new to OSMF and I find it quite
crazy that this thread is going on.  I can see why there is a need to
have a degree of accountability on these things, but things need to be
done in proportion.  One of the first thing I was taught about
management (yes I have been fortunate enough to have done many
management courses...... they were not all a total waist of time.... I
am sure there was one that was only mostly a waist of time.... anyway),
it was good leadership is knowing when to keep your nose out.  The
argument was if someone is doing a good job and directing themselves in
the right way then just leave them alone to continue and allow them to
feel they are the master of their own destiny.  So if Steve was doing a
good job then why not leave him be (I say if, because I very much
dislike social media like twitter and facebook, so I have no opinion on
what "good" use of twitter is)?  I see the need for accountability, but
as so many others have pointed out is group tweet not a solution to this?

Well thats my 2 cents worth.

Scott