[Osmf-talk] Moderator statement: please read before posting

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 10:52:33 UTC 2014

> I think that there must be a place for a discourse among OSMF members
> about the organisation itself, and that also includes watching and
> commenting on what the board and its individual members are doing.

+1

> Such
> comments cannot be limited to polite general disagreement; I actively
> *want* our members to ask questions like: Who in the board was
> responsible for this? Why did the meeting on <date> not discuss <item>?
> Who were the people who voted against <resolution>?

actually, regarding your last point, I believe it would be better to not
having to ask who voted for or against something, IMHO this should be
public by default (there might be some exceptions where secret voting has
its place, but these should be well defined exceptions). How can the
members make a decision on who to vote for if they don't know how the board
members have actually acted in the past? Ideally we would have something
like http://www.abgeordnetenwatch.de/ (for those that do not speak German,
this is a platform which stores and makes available the voting behaviour of
all members of the German parliament in all votings that are not secret -
forever).

cheers,
Martin