[Osmf-talk] Candidacy: OSMF Board

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Nov 23 17:47:56 UTC 2017

Dale (and Pete and Ben and Joseph and any others)

The affiliation with HOT doesn't disqualify you at all, but, just as it
would be expected anywhere else (literally), when commenting on matters
concerning the organization that you are affiliated with, even if it is
just peripheral as in this case, you should declare that affiliation up
front and not rely on the audience finding out some other way, if at all.

Simon

PS: this may seem somewhat overboard with respect to HOT voting members,
but HOT has a small closed membership that at least socially boils down
to far closer ties to the organisation that you would expect for your
average association or for example the OSMF.