[Osmf-talk] Communication style - moderation - CoC [was Re: Board members with similar background (was: 2018 a third episode...)}

Mikel Maron mikel.maron at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 21:41:17 UTC 2018

“Culture of violence”? It’s not a culture but steps taken to deal with years of your disruption.
Nicolas, everyone, I’m so tired of this. Communication style, really? Let’s me call your communication style a “Culture of exhaustion”. You personally have exhausted me.
You reference your concerns about conflict of interest? You were simultaneously an employee under the supervision of our executive director and a board member who supervised the ED. You were the boss of your boss!  This a mistake for all of us when we decided on governance structures and roles back in our board F2F in 2011 or 2012. We were young and naive and thought it would all work out because we were friends. As we know that wasn’t enough when money and responsibility and accountability was involved.
I know you were a big and important part of HOT in the beginning. Then it didn’t work out. Big time. Everyone feels bad about it. Can’t we move on? It’s been 5 years.

Mikel
ps why are you still a HOT Voting Member? You hate the organization, no one is keeping you there.
pps please stop posting here about this. Hasn’t there been enough posts on this? Can’t we spare the 1000 other people on this mailing list another iteration of your 5 year old anger and argument?