[Osmf-talk] attribution: board letter to facebook

Nuno Caldeira nunocapelocaldeira at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 13:30:53 UTC 2019

@Kathleen,

Had more time today to pinpoint a few more examples from Facebook or
their side companies. These were mentioned one year ago in my initial
email to them to which they stopped replying, and shared again and was
also sent to Mapbox (the company responsable for their maps) on the 6th
of January with others on CC  jinal at mapbox.com legal at osmfoundation.org
legal-questions at osmfoundation.org osm at fb.com

No one replied to this email

Recommendations: https://youtu.be/SeTl3HxgRFk
Places: https://youtu.be/lnu8B33mu64

Instagram: https://youtu.be/yr3butHLOVE

They have been on violation for way too long. Private emails, mailing
lists, blog entries, asking the board to  terminate the license (which
they have 30 days to fix after receiving the notice from the licensor
OSMF. And again, both these companies are corporate members of OSMF.
They should be the first to give the example and communicate with the
community, not ignore them. About my request to the board, i'm still
waiting for a decision, four months later.
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2019-June/082660.html