[Osmf-talk] Sustainable Travel Expenses Resolution – Request for Support

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Tue Oct 27 10:45:23 UTC 2020

Oct 26, 2020, 11:55 by hartmut.holzgraefe at gmail.com:

> On 26.10.20 11:36, Mateusz Konieczny via osmf-talk wrote:
>
>> Note that in this proposal (as stated) paying
>> far more money for car rental, long
>> distance taxi
>>

> where did these options come in?

"if there is an option for that person to travel without flying"

Anything, no matter how expensive, no matter how absurd, no matter how C02 emitting
must be selected if it is not flight and matches requirements for travel time and departure/arrival
time.

This is a well intentioned but a badly written rigid rule.

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2020-October/007353.html

> Even though they are not explicitly mentioned as non-options, going by car instead of plane would not make any real sense towards climate goals
> as -- unless sharing a ride -- cars are in the same CO2 per person kilometer ballpark as planes.

And may be also more expensive and more time consuming and more dangerous at the same time.

>> or vastly more expensive train is considered as a "reasonable alternative".
>>

> Well, the proposal clearly states that it's prime consideration is environmental impact, not cost ...

Yes, I wanted to point out potential for that it may also vastly increase costs and end in absurd cases.