[Rebuild] some conversation topics: API changes + tests + diffs

Ian Sergeant inas66+osm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 22:45:30 BST 2012

On 28 March 2012 22:37, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:

> IRC is an _excellent_ way of doing it.

I'm glad it worked well for those who were able to take part in the
discussion - that is those in the right time zone, who didn't have rl stuff
happening, and who knew about it.

My observation is that building a consensus is hard, time-consuming and
usually thankless work.  However, it is an activity that goes on constantly
in many open content projects, often successfully.  OSM has never been the
model of consensus building, and to a certain extent a do-ocracy concept
that those who are willing to put in the effort to the tools and the
rebuilding have more influence than others, is fine.  Just this change has
so great an impact, I would have liked to have seen a wider consensus built
rather than working hard up against a self-imposed deadline.

Ian.