[Tagging] [OSM-talk] connection between 2 islands

Simone Saviolo simone.saviolo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 08:30:38 GMT 2009

IMO, the embankment tag (as described in the wiki) is being used for two
different things: 1) the linear banking (as in an embankment along a river,
for example), and 2) a "raised finger of land". I suggest that these two
cases are distinguished, either by using two separate tags, or by adding an
"embankment:width" tag; where the width is not specified, the embankment
would be considered linear. This way, the example I linked to would have a
single way (the railway), with the embankment tag and an embankment:width.

Simone