[Tagging] Tagging highway=cycleway without explicit knowledge of the law?

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 12 09:23:15 GMT 2009

I realise there's also a distinction between
highway=roadofsomekind+cycleway=track (which virtually everyone would assume
to be single-use), and highway=cycleway which for practical purpose has to
be bikes+peds, but is not documented in that way.

So - when the renderers are finally able to render cycleway=track (and
cycleway:left=track), the pressure may be off highway=cycleway to be
single-use.

Roy's example can happily be highway=cycleway+source=nearmap. The source
tells you to please confirm the sign if you go there, so nothing else is
required.

Richard