[Tagging] preproposal : internet webcam

yvecai yvecai at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 08:52:08 UTC 2013

On 11/30/2013 06:40 PM, Egil Hjelmeland wrote:

> So my revised suggestion to tag a webcam public on internet is
>
> man_made=surveillance
> surveillance= indoor|outdoor|public *
> surveillance:type=camera *
> surveillance:zone=weather|traffic|scenic *
>
> contact:webcam=<url>
>
> name=*
> operator=*
> description=*
> camera:direction= compass degrees *
> camera:angle = horizontal angle of view  *
>
> * means optional

This sound completely crazy to me.
Why not:
      man_made:surveillance:url:contact=http://... ;
image_only_it's_a_camera_please_do_not_phone_the_device

A newbie looking for a way to map a webcam will just not map it.

A scheme with camera=webcam/surveillance/... url=* should be sufficient,
like Nounours proposed.

Having a new proposal with a camera=... key is a big task, but
"man_made=surveillance" seems insanely pompous to me.

Yves