[Tagging] tag proposal for soft play centres

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 14:57:02 UTC 2013

2013/11/5 Erik Johansson <erjohan at gmail.com>

> I think it's not such a good idea to use leisure=playground + fee=yes,
> since it most certainly is not a playground, but sure playgrounds
> really do span a very big range from a sandbox to extremely large
> contraptions .

+1, I think his current proposal leisure=indoor_play is fine, I'd encourage
mappers to add explicitly "fee"=yes/no/amount because otherwise (if fee is
implied) we would have to invent another tag for those places that are
non-commercial or offer this kind of service as included in the general
entrance fee to a bigger place.

It would be interesting to tag "place where kids can play", many
> museums/science centers have that as well.

IMHO the same tag could be used.

I'd also add a link from the current proposal to this page:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:playground because the tagging of
the equipment could be the same than for leisure=playground where possible.

CHeers,
Martin