[Tagging] Main Distribution Frame added to man_made template

Fran├žois Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 12:26:52 UTC 2014

No problem with the De Facto status, except it shouldn't be added to map
features.

> Regarding the "it is only one functional component inside a telco central
> office building": you could read this as describing a location of a telco
> installation with also a MDF present on the site. Maybe an attribute (to
> add to a telco site) would have been better. This data, while it might not
> be surveyable on site, is publicly available in Germany:
> http://www.vexnet.de/files/hvt-schnittstellen.pdf

It's sure an attribute dedicated to the site would have been better.

We should tag the building as a central office and link to the file you've
mentioned to get more information.
I see no point to assume MDF as more representative than any other service
equipment (DSLAM, OLT, PSTN, ...) to qualify a whole building.

To give an example : "I see a door on this building, then I'll be using
building=yes + man_made=door".

All the best

*Fran├žois Lacombe*

fl dot infosreseaux At gmail dot com