[Tagging] Tagging Voting system- time for reform?

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sun Feb 1 17:38:20 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 10:44 AM, Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com>
wrote:

> And it seems for the most part, the tags with the most staying power seem
>> to be ones that were natural fits, and *then* were documented *how
>> they're actually used* in the wiki retroactively.
>>

> A mostly +1 on that.
>
> The *problem* tags however are the ones with murky meaning, that can
> never be sorted out later without a field survey that will never happen.

Oh FFS...I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but I'll say it again:  If
you can cover my costs, I'll be happy to ground truth anyplace I can
legally go with a US passport (which, as of this writing, seems to be
everywhere but Cuba, Canada and North Korea) and figure it out.  Honestly
I'd rather be a cartographer for a living anyway...