[Tagging] Proposed: landuse=civic_admin - looking for comments.

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 15:09:04 UTC 2015

> Is the problem that "admin" is in the title? That I'm proposing tagging
> legislative buildings with "admin"?

yes, that's a point I don't like. If its admin, it is not legislation.

> Do you have a suggestion for a better civic_?  "Government"seems way too
> broad.

maybe at that point, a simple "civic" (like you originally proposed) would
be better, even if then the complement will be "military" and we'll get to
cases where those 2 conflict / overlap. And with "civic" there should
likely be judiciary included (no problem for me, still we're just talking
landuse, and there would be more detailed tags for what it actually is,
e.g. a courthouse). "civic" on the other hand, sounds much more inclusive
than what you intend it to be for, e.g. a wastewater treatment plant or a
public library will maybe also be included (again, no problem maybe, just
wanted to point it out).

> I think there are a lot of judges that will never get to craft laws or
> precedents- though they do have some flexibility I how hard or how soft to
> hit you with the stick, based on you breaking the established rules.

judges will never craft laws, in their judiciary role, the legislative
power is crafting laws (they might be members of a parliament and craft
laws in that role).

> So just roll judicial in and differentiate everything via building/amenity
> tags?

maybe yes, but I'd like to read some other opinions as well, seems there is
not so much interest. I could imagine another type of landuse, "cultural",
which would include museums, libraries, theatres, movie theatres, music
venues, etc.

Cheers,
Martin