[Tagging] sloped_curb, kerb and god knows what left in limbo ......

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 10:58:07 UTC 2016

> The problem is "we" didn't. As already pointed out, there is only a
> proposal that has been bit-rotting for multiple years (it probably, when
> used on a crossing node, should have kerb:right and kerb:left variants for
> the asymmetric cases, but that is the only thing I see that might be
> improved). There's not even a JOSM preset for it.

What is wrong with the proposal ("bitrotting")? The tag it documents are
used 24.000+ times. I agree with the addition of direction dependent tags
for asymetric situations, you should put this on the discussion page, maybe
in this paragraph:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/kerb#Kerb_direction

Cheers,
Martin