[Tagging] Hunting area tagging

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 08:54:30 UTC 2016

> And reiterate your words " in case of a dedicated area" and
> mine "For an area dedicated to the hunting of game then landuse=hunting" ..
> I think that is fairly clear ... dedicated, primary use is hunting.
>
> Most 'landuse' have more than one function, but the primary use is tagged.
>
> If the primary use is forest then it could be tagged landuse=forest with a secondary tag of hunting=* as you have put forward.
> If the primary use is hunting then landuse=hunting should be used.

who is declaring the "primary use"? How would you judge this?
landuse=forest is the only widely accepted way to tag an area where trees
grow (besides mapping single trees, and besides the landcover=trees
property which I myself try to push and besides the natural=wood tag which
is disputed in meaning because of the unclear term "natural"), i.e. if you
decided that a forest was meant "primarily for hunting", you couldn't map
it as a forest...

Cheers,
Martin