[Tagging] Fwd: Recommendation for building tags

Vozniuk Taras taras.vozniuk at geothings.tw
Thu Jul 27 13:20:23 UTC 2017

Hi Martin,

> these are usually not mapped if the period they exist at a certain place is very short, although there have been exceptions like the burning man festival or xmas markets.

I think our real case is more like - there are fishermans in Philippines that will construct the temporary buildings for cargo’s or storages from some materials like bamboo, not 100% about the exact usecase here,
and government wants to include them in their capacity building analysis to estimate the region vulnerability to natural disasters.

> I believe there isn't a specific property defined for this, but you can infer it mostly from the building value (if tagging is specific here).(e.g. trailer house)

I think we can infer it like was mentioned in the previous comments by mark as combining temporary=yes and temporary:date_off=never. Am I right?

> first I have to excuse, there was a typo in my tags, it should have been a colon. Looking at the common values: https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/building:levels:underground#values <https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/building:levels:underground#values>
> I'd say "yes" is not a common value for building:levels:underground, although there are 7 occurrences.
> Generally, the wiki together with taginfo are good places to verify suitability and common practice of tags.

Got it, will use it further as a guideline, and double-check with you guys if there is some ambiguity.

Best,
Taras.