[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - tag "motorcycle friendly" for accomodations

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 20:50:47 UTC 2017

On 11-Jan-17 12:08 AM, Thilo wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> please check this proposal :
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/motorcycle_friendly
>
> Cheers,
> Thilo

The proposal is for 'friendly:motorcycle=yes/no/complimentary'.

I have added to its discussion page the following;

1 top of page) Instructions to add signature and date to entries there.

2) Tagging list discussions should be considered with link to
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2017-March/031423.html

3) Assessment of tag - is it too subjective?

4) Wider Application

The requirement for separate proposals for other activities I don't
think is relevant.

5) Values
I don't know what the value 'complimentary' means for this tag.

-------------------------------
My further thoughts ?
=== Hiking ===
A hiker may arrive dirty, wet and tired. They appreciate somewhere to
sit while they can see their backpack and clothing while eating in a cafe.
They may also appreciate being able to fill their water bottle before
leaving.
At a lodging they may appreciate a drying room where their tent and
cloths can be dried.

friendly:hiking=yes

=== Bicycle ===
A bicycle rider may arrive dirty, wet and tired. They appreciate
somewhere to sit while they can see their bicycle and clothing while
eating in a cafe.
They may also appreciate being able to fill their water bottle, pump up
their tyres before leaving.
At a lodging they may appreciate being able to take their bicycle into
the room.

friendly:bicycle=yes

=== Motorcycle ===
A motorcycle rider may arrive dirty, wet and tired. They appreciate
somewhere to sit while they can see their motorcycle and clothing while
eating in a cafe.
At a lodging they may appreciate being able to park their motorcycle
under cover.

friendly:motorcycle=yes

=== Others? ===
There may be other activities that are catered to, so they can be easily
added to this tag.
Where possible they should use the same text as used in other OSM
features e.g. {{key|sport}}

== Values ==

Complimentary? I know of one lodging that give a free beer to anyone
arriving by motorcycle... would that be the value 'complimentary'?

== Not just lodgings ==
Cafes, pubs, grocery shops and restaurants also can be 'friendly' to
certain activities. Some guide as to what is considered 'friendly'
should be given.