[Tagging] Undiscussed changes for wki pages about access mode "designated".

Dalibor Jelínek dalibor at dalibor.cz
Sun Mar 12 16:47:34 UTC 2017

I slightly modified your statement on highway=path and I think it’s fine.

Just to clarify: there is no discussion about access=designated tag.

It is clear that this tag makes no sense.

The problem is that the page about access tag itself is used to define the values usable for all tags from access family.

So if you look up the definition for foot=* or horse=*or bicycle=* then you see that you are redirected to the access=* page for their values.

And there you would see that the value designated is deprecated.

Which is simply not true fot those keys.

This will create a confusion IMHO and I think that the previous version was OK. But it seems to be very hard to convince someone to think about it this way.

Dalibor (chrabros)