[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Metro Mapping

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 14:43:47 UTC 2017

> sorry for asking so late, but why should we deprecate mapping subway
> stations with a relation or a way and insist on nodes? There are already a
> significant number of stations mapped like this. I would also not write:
> "The location of the node is irrelevant." or "There is nothing wrong with
> putting the node near its entrance: it does not affect routing or anything
> else." but explain more careful where the node should be put, and what it's
> meant to know (if it wouldn't affect anything we could also not put it,
> no?).

I've seen there is this paragraph:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Metro_Mapping#What_This_Affects
but it doesn't mention deprecating station areas. Can you please make a
complete summary of all things (tags and their intended meaning) that your
proposal

a) introduces (new)

b) changes

c) removes