[Tagging] route role on cycle routes

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 25 21:53:21 UTC 2018

On 25/01/2018 21:16, Fernando Trebien wrote:
> Then please say so in the public mailing list and let's see other
> people's answers.

OK
Synopsis of my private conversation with Fernanado:

The links he provides do not "suggest that such role should not be used."
The description in [2] is giving clear instruction where 'forward/backward' roles
*can* be used.
He says "The role is missing" from [2]. It's unclear what he means.

Cycle routes aren't Public Transport so don't use PTv2. Therefore "extending the discussion was pointless".

Forward/Backward roles are required in cycle route relations.

I believe the wiki pages are correct & Fernando has misinterpreted them.

> JOSM issues a warning whenever this role is used with either PTv2
> routes or cycle routes (in fact with any kind of route).

I've not received that warning for cycle (or any) routes. What is its
exact wording? Please give detailed step-by-step instructions on how to
replicate it.

DaveF