[Tagging] new role for route relations: reverse

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon May 28 21:00:07 UTC 2018

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 8:38 PM, Jo <winfixit at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have also mapped many routes with loops, lollipops/spoons where the same
> ways are traversed multiple times. But I had not encountered a route where
> the bus needs to do parts driving backwards. I think this is mostly avoided
> because it's (obviously) a dangerous maneuver. (and I would say especially
> if you have to do it multiple times per day)

On a tertiary road which was a through way it might be dangerous.  This is
a cul-de-sac which is a residential road
hanging off a residential road which itself hangs off a residential road.
The bus going past is the high point of the
day. :)

As for suggestions that it could be handled with note=*, data consumers
don't read notes (and mappers might not
read them either, even if the editor highlights them).  Mappers stand a
better chance of reading a description, but
consumers still won't see them.  However, the actual route shown on the map
indicates that there is something
unusual going on at that point.

--
Paul