[Tagging] Slow vehicle turnouts

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 00:29:29 UTC 2018

If the short 'passing_place' is tagged the same as a longer lane .. then
how is it distinguished?

You cannot count on the mapper to mark the length of it every time.
So a 100 meter one could have the same tagging as a 10 meter one. That
is not good.

I think the present tag of passing_place needs to be retained with the
present definition.

If the use of the lanes tag or a separate service road tag is not good
enough for these longer 'turn outs' then there needs to be some new tag.