[Tagging] tag templates in the wiki

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 16:22:21 UTC 2019

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 at 17:05, Andy Townsend <ajt1047 at gmail.com> wrote:

> useful despite that.
>
> I'm concerned that some wikidata entries are just plain wrong -
> especially in places where OSM's use of a word doesn't match the normal
> English (any English - English, American, Hiberno-, etc.) usage of that
> word.  Examples include
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:place%3Dcity

That means https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Davids  loses it's city status
as far as OSM
is concerned.  But it lost city status towards the end of the 19th Century,
only to have it
restored in 1994.  Easy come, Easy go.

> (though there wikidata's English description at
> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q515
> "large and permanent human settlement by size of its inhabitants" adds
> extra comedy),

There were Nephilim in the cities after OSM's Wikipedia/Wikidata
reorganization (the
words in Genesis 6:4 are a mistranslation).

 --
Paul